Tuesday, March 20, 2007

1988 interview with Dallin H. Oaks and Neal A. Maxell on the priesthood ban.

EDIT: I have made what I hope will be a permanent link to a folder that will house any files I post up here. Just click the link, and find the file in the directory that it leads you to. I have updated the hyperlink below. If you have any trouble accessing it, let me know. Apparently, you need to sign up for AOL's free XDrive service to download it. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I'm not paying for webhosting and the like.

Well, here it is:

Apostles talk about reasons for lifting ban

A few things to keep in mind:

1) This link for the download will only last 7 days. Once I figure out a better way to upload it, I'll make a permanent link, and edit this post to change it.

2) I proof read my transcription once, but there may still be errors. I have put any of my notes in []'s and began the bracket note with TN: which is merely an abbreviated way of saying "transcriber's note." If you find anything you think is an error, feel free to email me about it.

3) This is an interview. In many places the grammar is awkward, so some of the sentences sound wrong. If you send me an email about what seems to be a grammatical error and I neither fix it nor respond to you, it is because it is correct.

4) This is, unfortunately, not a complete interview. It is, however, still far more than you can find elsewhere on the web. I am trying to find a full copy of the AP's transcript of the interview, and any help on that would be appreciated.

No comments: